Nexus Analysis presents an exciting theory by two of the leading names in discourse analysis and provides a practical guide to its application. The authors argue that discourse analysis can itself be a form of social action.
- Art of Recovery?
- Personality Disorders: Recognition and Clinical Management.
- Nexus Analysis: Discourse and the Emerging Internet!
- Analysing the Foreign Policy of Small States in the EU: The Case of Denmark.
- The Floating Island (The Lost Journals of Ven Polypheme, Book 1);
- Nexus analysis: multimodality and materiality in action.
- Elementary Scattering Theory: For X-ray and Neutron Users?
If the discourse analyst is part of the nexus of practice under study, then the analysis can itself transform that nexus of practice. Focussing on their own involvement with and analysis of pioneering communication technologies in Alaska they identify moments of social importance in order to examine the links between social practice, culture and technology.
Join Kobo & start eReading today
Media are identified not only as means of expressing change but also as catalysts for change itself, with the power to transform the socio-cultural landscape. In this intellectually exciting yet accessible book, Ron Scollon and Suzie Wong Scollon present a working example of their theory in action and provide a personal snapshot of a key moment in the history of communication technology, as the Internet transformed Alaskan life. Account Options Anmelden.
Meine Mediathek Hilfe Erweiterte Buchsuche. E-Book anzeigen. Routledge Amazon. Nexus Analysis : Discourse and the Emerging Internet.
Advanced Search. Privacy Copyright. Skip to main content.
Abstract This ambitious and rewarding book combines aspects of several genres. Comments Postprint version. Recommended Citation Wortham, S.